Sometimes I really wish that I could have a big "change ahead" sign put in my life right before...well, change. Big change, anyway. Sometimes I think it would be nice to know that I've got some big mountains to climb just around the corner. It would be nice to know exactly how to prepare so that I could take them on with grace and courage.
Then again, I think that I would probably have a brain aneurism from anticipating, guessing about, and questioning about said changes. So, I'm grateful that isn't the way the Lord works. I'm grateful that we can't always know. Is it scary knowing that it might pop out at me at any moment? Yes. Is it even scarier when you finally realize that the change is currently happening, and you can't really do much to go back? Absolutely. It's terrifying and daunting. Even putting one foot in front of the other sometimes takes everything inside of me. But someone else has already walked my path. In fact, He created it. What a relieving thought. Besides, the best kind of preparation, for whatever journeys life takes us on, comes from living the teachings of Jesus Christ. With that said, these are some things that I DO know:
Change IS okay. No, It's good. Change. Is. A. Miracle. Sometimes just being willing to do what the Lord wants is enough. Knowing what the Lord wants is very different. We can't always know. He WILL make it known to us in His due time. Sometimes immediately, and sometimes gradually. If we let Him know that He is first in our lives, things will fall in or out of our lives as they are supposed to. Even when we don't immediately recognize it is happening.
I will quote the Count of Monte Christo by saying that "God is in everything." Even in the order that different songs play when my ipod is on shuffle. Music is powerful.
In my...ahem...Dating and Courtship class (that was really hard to admit but you don't know the whole story here. I'll probably share it sometime), we talked about how we need to have Christ as our foundation. We talked about how our spouses are supposed to come second to Him. My instructor told us about how President Eyring's vacation home is in her ward. When he goes to church, no matter what church it is, he has to sit on the stand. His cute little wife just sits on the front row by herself. You'd think she would be lonely, but my instructor said that she is just fine with it. She loves that he puts his duties to the Lord first. If you are a needy person, and want your good Priesthood holding spouse to be with you ALL of the time, you need to get some therapy real fast. The point is, I WILL require that my husband put the Lord first always. Because that is what I will be doing. Ya know, one day. When I have one of those guys.
Last, but not least, I know that the Lord has the power to change hearts. Completely. He ONLY upgrades. ONLY UPGRADES. He knows our hearts even, no - especially when we don't know our own. How is it that any of us could possibly deserve such a true gift? I thought I understood it. I thought I understood even in the smallest sense, just what Jesus Christ does for me, for my loved ones, and for everyone who has and will ever live. But, I don't. I can't even scratch the surface. It's beyond all of our mortal comprehension. Our hearts are His though, and NOTHING is out of His control.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that, with God nothing is impossible. I may not know much, but that is one thing that I am grateful to know as life's changes continue to circle on about me.
Love you girlie!
ReplyDeleteCouldn't have said it better. Thanks for that Han. Love you!
ReplyDeleteThat is beautiful Hannah!! I think I say that about every post you write! You just said some things I've been feeling. How do you do that? I love you and am very proud of you. mom
ReplyDeleteYour gift for capturing the deep echos or our hearts is so uplifting, Hannah. Thank you for your beautiful words that are as a healing balm to my soul. I love you. Dad
Thank you Hannah!! I really needed to hear this! You are so amazing! I just love you:)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Hannah! You. are. beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThank you hannah for such a beautiful testimony. You are so right, He is in charge. Love you.
ReplyDeleteThanks for writing this Hannah! It is true, and what an eloquent reminder. Love you!
ReplyDelete